Join us for online workshops
Online performance-making workshops will start up again on the 6th of April. We’ll be meeting at our usual times of Tuesday (6-8 PM) and Thursdays (2-4 PM).
Full meeting details are sent out to members each week. If you want to find out more about how to become a member of Many Minds, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you to get some more details and arrange to talk through the membership form. Call Laura (07732 291 250) or Olivia (07843 210 272).
Membership and workshops are totally FREE!
Many Minds Virtual Space Holders
Members have come up with some things to keep everyone safe in the online workshops. We have called them our Virtual Space Holders. Please have a read if you are joining the workshops. We make these as a group so if you have any ideas for things that need to be added, let us know in the workshops!
- Support and respect each other throughout the workshop.
- Welcome new people to the session and make them feel comfortable.
- Be non-judgmental and understanding.
- No racism, sexism, ageism (or any of the other prejudice ‘isms’)!
- Be aware of how your words and actions might affect others.
- If you have any tasks that you need to do that are not related to the workshop (e.g. vacuuming, watching TV, arranging wardrobe) please mute and turn camera off or away from you.
- Save snacking for the break and keep drinks to a minimum whilst workshop is happening.
- No drinking alcohol / taking drugs during the session. Come in a state to engage. If you are deemed too intoxicated to participate, you may be asked to leave and join again the following week.
- Wear at least one layer of clothing if you can be seen by others on camera.
- Be aware of your background on camera.
- Mute yourself if you are going to move the camera around.
- Minimise background noise when unmuted.
- Choose a user name that you are happy to be identified by the rest of the group when you join the session.
- Please call people by the name on screen, rather than a name you might know them as outside of the room.
- Listen to others. Try not to talk over each other. Be aware that that might be a delay on Zoom so this might be unintentional. Allow time people to speak.
- Try to resolve any issues that arise as a group.
- Feel free to leave and rejoin the workshop and participate in the way you can.
- Save phone calls for the break. If you need to take a phone call, mute yourself and turn off your camera.
- Have fun!
- Enter your meeting ID:
- Click Join.You should then be able to enter your name, you can then type in whatever name you want to use today. This can be your full name, initials, first name or nickname.
- Enter the password (We will send this by text and email) – If you are new, contact Olivia on 07843210272 to get the password.
- You may want to download the Zoom app for your desktop or mobile phone.
If you need more help there is a short video here from zoom about how to join and written instructions: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
or contact us on: email@example.com